There are so many valuable triathlon resources out there. It can seem overwhelming to find specific materials that cover all aspects of triathlon, including training, nutrition, specific disciplines, psychology, and specific races.
But fear no more! We have compiled the best triathlon books we have read and used to help with our triathlons. These books are excellent resources for anyone doing a triathlon.
A quick list of the the top triathlon books are:
- Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow – Best Book for Triathlon Nutrition
- 80/20 Triathlon – Best Triathlon Training Book
- The Triathlete’s Training Bible – Best Advanced Triathlon Training Book
- Triathlon Swimming Made Easy (Total Immersion) – Best Swimming Book for Triathletes
- Triathlon Running Foundations – Best Running Book for Triathletes
- Triathlon Bike Foundations – Best Cycling Book for Triathletes
- Your First Triathlon, 2nd Ed – Best Beginner Triathlon Book
- Fast-Track Triathlete – Best Ironman Training Book
- Triathlon: Winning at 70.3 – Best Half Ironman Training Book
And now on to the top triathlon books:
1. Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow.: Quick-Fix Recipes for Hangry Athletes – Best Book for Triathlon Nutrition
This book contains awesome recipes for those training for a triathlon. It includes useful information about nutrition and fuel, as well as recipes broken out by meal type (including snacks).
This book has something for everyone and is a must for those looking to properly fuel during training!
80/20 Triathlon breaks down triathlon training, assuming that most (80%) of your training should be at an easy and relaxed pace and a smaller amount (20%) should be moderate to high. It’s a proven training method and the book includes some great plans along with explanations and everything you need to know.
3. The Triathlete’s Training Bible: The World’s Most Comprehensive Training Guide – Best Advanced Triathlon Training Book
This book is part of the Total Immersion series and is generally considered the best swimming book for everyone. The swim portion of the triathlon is usually the most difficult leg for most people and this book does a great job of breaking down the basics of form and going through tips and techniques for a more efficient swim.
These foundation books are written by pro triathlete and coach Taren Gesell. Although they are geared towars beginners, many advanced and experience triatheltes find them helpful as well.